Re: what is the rule on this play?

timarcou@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu (Timothy E Marcou) writes:

> With time running out, a ball is booted toward the goal. The whistle
> blows, indicating game over. The ball goes into goal a split second
> later. This happened in my daughter's 0-0 tie game this weekend. The goal
> was disallowed. Was this the correct call. What does the rule state?
> thanks, Tim....has there been historic games where this occurred?

Booted....goal....

Did you really mean to post this to rec.sport.volleyball?

I was a soccer referee in my previous life, though. At least under
S.A.Y. rules (which are taken from FIFA with a few added safety
precautions for the kiddies), the game is over when time runs out,
regardless of the ball's position.  Your referee made the right call.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."