Re: Ref Question.

Chris Wong <cw@addm.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
>     OKay, I'm in Canada, so I guess I'm using FIVB & BCVA rules. =)
> Anyways, I just got my badge,
> and I had some questions, just wanted to clear up..
>
>     If a hitter, hits the ball, and then, after, grabs onto the net...
> outside the antennae, is that
> considered as a fault? Thaanks.

The key is "Did the hitter contact the net before the ball was dead?"

If the hitter contacts the net after the ball is down, there is no
fault.  The play is over once the ball hits the ground.

If, however, the player contacts the net while the ball is still in
play, the result is a net fault and loss of rally.

To the best of my knowlege this situation (amazingly) is consistent
among FIVB, USAV, NAGWS, AVP, and Federation.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."