Re: I NEED TO FIND A GOOD LEAGUE IN MY AREA!

vballavp@aol.com (VBall AVP) writes:

>      I am an avid volleyball player and am a junior in high school.  I am
>  currently just in a church league which is terrible.  I desperately want to
>  find a league with high level play but volleyball doesn't seem to be popular
>  where I live.  Is there any way for me to find a league?  If not, how do I go
>  about starting one?

Welcome to the newsgroup.

If you post where you live, perhaps there will be some readers from
that area who can recommend competitive leagues in that area.  Also,
you may want to take a look at Volleyball Worldwide for more info on
your area of the country:

http://www.volleyball.org/

If you are interested in club volleyball, look under USA Volleyball at
that site and get in touch with your local region office.  Perhaps you
can find an 18 and under team in Junior Olympic vball that will
adequately challenge you.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."