Message sent to r.s.v.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: WPVA and Charlie Jackson
- Subject: Re: WPVA and Charlie Jackson
- From: Todd <email@example.com>
- Date: 23 Mar 1998 16:28:13 -0600
- Newsgroups: rec.sport.volleyball
- Organization: Not likely
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
- Xref: nathan.enteract.com sent-to-rsv:40
BNJS63A@prodigy.com (Timothy Simmons) writes:
> Contact: Dave Williams
> Phone: 310-726-0700
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
> 9 AM EST 23 March 1998
> (El Segundo, CA) The Women's Professional Volleyball Association (WPVA)
> announced over the weekend that San Diego investor Charles Jackson was
> withdrawing his financial support to do seven women's beach volleyball
> events in 1998. His plan was to combine the women's two person and four
> person players in a series of seven events throughout the country. Mr.
> Jackson cited the difficulty in securing television and sponsorships at
> a late date as the reason for his decision.
Ugh. That can't be good news. Where does this leave the tour?
Search this archive! |
Back to Todd's Ref Page |
Main Index |