Re: Downfall of USA Volleyball

DALECOOKSEY@webtv.net (Dale Cooksey) writes:
> Further to my April 8 memo, what I was saying is that Volleyball is VERY
> poorly mismanaged in the USA (compared to the other sports) Everybody
> (High School, Colleges, Club, Referees, etc) rather than pulling
> together,FIGHT each other and therefore we all know what is happening..

Care to elaborate further?  What sort of destructive fighting between
HS, colleges, club and referees are you describing?  How are other
sports doing it better?

I agree we have too many rulesets here in the US.  FIVB indoor rules
would be a fine basis for indoor play here.  FIVB beach rules are not
an adequate substitute for USAV beach rules, however.  USAV beach
rules are far more flexible.  FIVB beach rules don't accomodate
anything but 2-person sand play with a full officiating crew and a
100% official court.  However, while the absence of a single unified
ruleset is a big pain in the hiney, I can't imagine anyone saying that
it's fundamentally eroding the sport in the US.

Dale, care to put that webTV to work and flesh out these broad-brush
accusations about mismanagement?

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."