Re: Contact under the net, outdoor USAV rules?

b_blair@ix.netcom.com(Bart Blair) writes:

> >  O15.2.1.1 If a player crosses the center line and interferes with an
> >  opponent during the continuation of a play, it is a
> >  fault, regardless of the opponent's ability to play the ball.
>
> What if the contact occurs after the ball is down?

Once the ball is down, the play is over.  Unless you do something that
would draw a card, no penalty can be assessed.

> So here is my question, if the ball was down when the contact occured,
> and the contact was minor (he landed on my foot in the sand - doesn't
> get much more minor) and he fell to the sand, what would the ruling be?

See above.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."