Message sent to r.s.v.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Blocking Serve
- To: email@example.com (Ron J Low)
- Subject: Re: Blocking Serve
- From: Todd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 11 Sep 1997 17:35:15 -0500
- In-Reply-To: email@example.com's message of 11 Sep 1997 18:19:54 GMT
- References: <19970911181901.OAA15477@ladder02.news.aol.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xref: enteract.com sent-to-rsv:51
email@example.com (Ron J Low) writes:
> Where, when is it legal. I've seen in H.S. varsity. Is it coming into
> fashion elsewhere. Is it a good idea, anyway?
> - Ron Low
> Levity is the dearth of gravity. Brevity is the height of clarity.
In the spirit of your .sig,
NFHSA (Federation, High School): Legal
USA Volleyball: Illegal
NAGWS (women's NCAA collegiate): Illegal
I think it's a bad idea to have a legal block on service--I can
envision a team who absolutely couldn't pass, but who could dominate
at lower levels of play with big blockers who patrol the net at
service. The other team would be forced to serve high lollipop serves
that are easily passed.
Todd H. firstname.lastname@example.org
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."
Search this archive! |
Back to Todd's Ref Page |
Main Index |