Re: Down/2nd Ref.

Tom Fakehany <tfakehany@earthlink.net> writes:
>  Dave I reviewed all my rulebooks and it's in every on as a duty of the
> umpire/referee 2.  Of course I'd like to work with you because I'd get
> paid to do nothing but show up.
> Are you that good or are you officiating at that low of a level.
> Tom/Malibu, CA

Tom,

I have reviewed the entirety of Dave's post and find your tone and
comments way out of line.

Dave and the organization he represents is advocating widening the
responsibilities of the R2, not narrowing them.  He stated that the
game is getting too fast to let the R1 have to call everything.

However, if the R2 is not certain about the ball's position relative
to the height of the net on the contact of a back-row attack, he
states that the R2 should discretely signal the potential violation
and allow the R1 to rule on the ball's position.

Nothing Dave said diminishes the R2's responsibilities as stated in
all those rulebooks you read.

Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."