Re: Conditioning the Ball

"Mike Charow" <Docl@pipeline.com> writes:

> I have a synthetic leather ball and would like to know if anyone has any
> ideas on helping to break it in.  I play coed ball and all the girls (no
> offense) complain that it is to hard.  I have purchased a couple of good
> quality leather balls and those are much softer but they get trashed rather
> quickly.  (We played 8-10 hours per week)  At $60 to $80 dollars apiece that
> gets expensive.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

As another poster said, synthetic leather typically won't get any
better with time.

Where are you finding leather balls that cost so much?  Spike Nashbar
for instance has the Tachikara SV-18L ball for only $33.90.  The SV-5W
color team balls are $38.90.  Check them out here:

http://www.nashbar.com/catalog/spike/display_html/spikeindex.html

Under balls/indoor balls, catalog items TK-SV18L and TK-CBC
respectively.  Most juniors teams in this region tend to show up with
these at tournaments.

Best Regards,

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."