Re: Defense signals in doubles

Todd Zaorski <toddski@mediaone.net> writes:
> I'm new to using defensive hand signals in doubles so could anyone
> answer a couple of simple questions?
>
> First an easy one. If my partner signals that he'll be blocking line
> for the opponent on the right, that means I should dig angle, right? If
> he also signals no block for the person on the left, does that mean
> that both of us are digging or does that mean that I should move up to
> block? What if he signals no block for both opponents? Does that mean I
> should block or dig, or is that something we should discuss ahead of
> time?
>
> Thanks!
> :todd

Check out

        http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/rsv-posts/msg00180.html

as well as this excellent doubles primer by Tom Wilson

        http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/doubles.html

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."