Message sent to r.s.v.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Local modification to rally scoring?
- Subject: Re: Local modification to rally scoring?
- From: Todd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 05 Jul 1999 01:24:05 -0500
- Newsgroups: rec.sport.volleyball
- Organization: Not likely
- References: <37714D71.email@example.com> <#gb08Oxv#GA.274@cpmsnbbsa02> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <eC3SA7Aw#GA.174@cpmsnbbsa03> <37769B99.E9AFA84D@physics.ucla.edu>
- Sender: email@example.com
- Xref: shell-2.enteract.com sent-to-rsv:296
"L. Ravi Narasimhan" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Thomas Simchak wrote:
> > ARRRGGGHHHH!!! Come on guys, enough with all the statistical
> > jargon. Please keep it simple enough for us poor uneducated
> > liberal arts types. I can just imagine Rob and Ravi together
> > talking about stats.
Hell, I'm an engineer, and I couldn't make heads or tails out of that
> But, to answer your point, Tom: Use a killfile!
That seems a bit extreme.
Killfiles and scoring readers are useful for screening out posts that
are of no interest to you. I think what Tom was conveying is that
he's interested in the discussion, but sometimes the statistical
jargon unnecessarily obscures the "point."
Todd H. email@example.com
Search this archive! |
Back to Todd's Ref Page |
Main Index |