Re: New Player

Jake <jakem01@ibm.net> writes:
> Hi,
>
>      My name is Jake, I'm 16, and I live in NY.  Guys volleyball doesn't
> seem to be too popular around here, but I have recently become
> interested in it.   I was wondering if anyone knew of any competitions
> or tournaments in southeastern NY that I could attend?  Does anyone know
> what some good ways to practice?  Any tips on how to get my volleyball
> "carreer" going would be helpful.  Thanks.
>
> Jake

Hi Jake!

Contact your local USA Volleyball office and inquire about junior
olympic club teams in your area.  You can find your local office here:

        http://www.usavolleyball.org/regions/regions.htm

Southestern New York is IREVA, I believe:

USA VOLLEYBALL IROQUOIS-EMPIRE REGION (IE)

                    Jim Webber
                    5 Crestwood Dr.
                    Clifton Park NY 12065
                    518/373-9308 (h); 518/373-9308 (fax)
                    e-mail: commissioner@ireva.org (Jim Webber)

                    Iroquois Region Office:
                    Anna Turner
                    390 Peter Scott Rd.
                    Pennellville, NY 13132
                    800/251-9811 (Phone/Fax)
                    Web Site: http://www.ireva.org
                    e-mail: office@ireva.org

The juniors season starts in the fall, so inquire now to identify a
club near you.

USAV Jr. National Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."