Re: Performance enhancing shoe legality?

"Parker" <strength@strengthcoach.com> writes:

> Does the USAV, or any other governing body, have standards or limits for
> the performance enhancing abilities of shoes and/or replacement insoles?

All you'll find in the current USA Volleyball indoor rules concerning
shoes is:

5.1.4 Shoes are considered player's equipment and must be light and
      pliable with rubber or leather soles without heels.

5.2.1 The first referee may authorize one or more players to play
      without shoes.

AFAIK, there are no current rules interpretations that would prohibit
such a product.  I also doubt that the FIVB or USAV would care enough
to even consider changing the rules to restrict such an insole, unless
of course, it posed an inury risk.  Maybe such an insole could be an
equalizer for short 5'11" folks.  :)

Best of luck!
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."