Re: High School Rules

"Teron Uy" <teronu@stlabs.com> writes:

> >There are only 2 major NF rules remaining that must be changed,
> >IMO: 1) Allow contact with any part of the body (currently: waist
> >and above), and 2) Allow successive contacts on 1st hits
> >(currently: only on hard driven balls).
> >
> >FYI.
> >
> >Regards,
> >-Joe
> >
> >joearkin@ix.netcom.com
> >

> So under Federation, we're allowed to contact the ball with any part
> of the body. Does that include intentional contact or is it only
> incidental contact.  The reason I ask is that I believe NAGWS only
> allows incidental (ie. with the foot).  I seem to remember something
> like that being called last collegiate season.  Although that
> doesn't necessarily mean the referee was correct.

Haha.  This is how rumors get started.  :-)

If you re-read Joe's remarks again, you'll see that these are the
items that NF ___still___ needs to change to come in line with USAV
and FIVB.  Under NFSHSA (Federation) you can't contact the ball below
the waist, nor can you have multiple contacts on the first hit unless
the ball is hard-driven.

As for the NAGWS, your referee was correct.  Intentional foot contact
is illegal under NAGWS 1997-98 rules.  This is a departure from USAV
and FIVB rules.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."