Re: High School Rules

vbcoacher@aol.com (VBCoacher) writes:

> >This is not a USAV approved scoring method
>
> USAV Rules 7.1.2 and 7.2.1.2 author ize rally scoring for a deciding game of
> the match.
>
> Brandon Wilson
> VBCoacher@aol.com

Brandon...you've got to start questioning yourself before disagreeing
with anything Joe Arkin posts regarding rules facts.  :-)

Yes, USAV authorizes rally scoring for deciding games.  No one is
disputing that.  But rally scoring is not the same as sideout scoring,
which Joe was explaining to us (I for one hadn't heard of it).
Sideout scoring is something rather novel..and different from rally
scoring.

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."