Re: Chicago suburbs open gym recommendations?

mbcarroll@source-recovery.com (Mike Carroll) writes:

> Looking for recommendations for open gym v-ball games in the western
> suburbs of Chicago (Westmont, Glen Ellyn, etc.).  B-level or higher
> would be good.
>
> I've seen the (very nice!) list at
> http://www.xnet.com/~schneid/open_gym.html, and am interested in any
> comments you may have about any of the venues and/or game levels.
>
> TIA.
>
> ++hobbitt
> ----------
> Mike Carroll, Downers Grove, IL, USA

By far, the best open gym I've found is on Wednesdays is in Hanover
Park.  The level of play is excellent...but may be beyond a B level.
Call to be sure this info is current.

CITY:   Hanover Park
WHERE:  HANOVER PARK PARK DIST- Centre Court  (630) 837-2468  Dean
        1919 Walnut Ave, Hanover Park IL  60103 - ShowMap
WHEN:   Wednesdays 7-9:30pm
COST:   $3
NOTE:   BB level and above.  3 courts available.  Nice facility.

My outdated web page at http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/nwburbs/ is a
small subset of Schneid's open gym list with some personal
commentaries.  The map links have fallen to rot, though.  I need to
fix that....

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."