Re: Lines

Hi John,

This comes up in various forms on this newsgroup periodically.
Actually, it came up in April of 97:
        http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=236253419

And Wally posted this clarification of rules including this issue in
April of 95.
        http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=101350714

So, as it's April of 1999, it seems we're on a 2-year cycle.  :-)

The ball is out once it touches outside the line.  The smush factor is
not entertained, as the human eye can't see such things in slow
motion.

See the thread below (or go to the Wally link above and click "thread"
tab) for more details and iterations on this.

        http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/viewthread.xp?search=thread&recnum=%3c3neatd$ke7@netope.harvard.edu%3e%231/1&AN=101223358&svcclass=dnserver&frpage=getdoc.xp

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."