Re: Credentials

"Paul Worden" <pworden@istar.ca> writes:
> I'm fairly new to reading this newsgroup.  Will some of you folks who have
> been around a while please list  your involvement in volleyball---just for
> the sake of curiosity.  Thanks.
>
> Paul Worden
> pworden@istar.ca

Hi Paul,

Ah, what the heck.

I've been playing organized volleyball since 1993.  My wife is
credited with the patience of dragging me on to the first league team
in which an actual offense was used. "The setter comes from where?"

I started playing USAV club ball on a "B" team in 1994, and got my
Provisional referee rating that same year in the Lone Star Region.  I
slapped up a bunch of stuff onto web pages regarding Austin, TX
volleyball and became active in rec.sport.volleyball in the same
timeframe.  I became a USAV Regional referee in 1996.

I came to Chicago in Dec of 1997, and joined a men's B USAV team up
here.  In 1997-98, I played BB club ball and became active in the
Great Lakes Region's fine family of officials refereeing USAV junior
olympic club tournaments, and a D-III college match here and there.
This weekend, I submit to Wally Hendricks' careful scrutiny and the
Midwest VB Officials clinic in preparation for my Junior National
referee evaluation this year in New Orleans.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."